Perry and David talk about their recent reading and watching, in particular discussing a novel they have both nominated for this year’s Hugo Awards, The Mountain in the Sea by Ray Nayler.
- Introduction (01:04)
- General News (12:44)
- Crime Writers Association Dagger Awards (02:13)
- Australian Book Industry Awards (02:07)
- Australian Book Design Awards (00:58)
- Death of Lee Harding (00:45)
- Other News? (06:24)
- What we’ve been reading and watching (01:01:09)
- The Mountain in the Sea by Ray Nayler (14:46)
- Treacle Walker by Alan Garner (05:06)
- Ebooks vs physical books (02:00)
- Cold Water by Dave Hutchinson (06:16)
- A Prayer for the Crown-Shy by Becky Chambers (05:15)
- Dead Lions by Mick Herron (07:04)
- Double Indemnity by James M. Cain (04:20)
- Alien Oceans by Kevin Hand (06:39)
- John Wick: Chapter 4 (05:02)
- Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (04:29)
- Windup (00:36)
Illustration generated by Wombo Art
Dropping our Twitter account. You can now find us here on Mastodon.
About the episode title:
De profundis clamavi ad te, Domine (Latin): “From out of the depths we call thee, Lord”.