Perry and David talk about a bunch of recent literary awards and then go on to discuss the books they’ve read recently, which cover the range from an entertaining children’s book to a confronting Booker Prize winner. And in the middle, a lot of snow.
- Introduction (02:04)
- General News (13:49)
- What we’ve been reading (57:01)
- The Girl Savage by Katherine Rundell (04:37)
- Lisey’s Story by Stephen King (06:43)
- Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel (05:50)
- The Guns of Navarone by Alastair MacLean (08:06)
- Frostquake by Juliet Nicholson (07:28)
- Cold Enough for Snow by Jessica Au (06:28)
- The Circle by Dave Eggers (09:51)
- At Night All Blood Is Black by David Diop (07:32)
- Future recording schedule (05:29)
- Windup (00:09)
Into many a green valley
Drifts the appalling snow.
Time breaks the threaded dances
And the diver’s brilliant bow.
W. H. Auden
Illustration generated by MidJourney AI